Junior Section – Co Curricular Activities
1. Physical Training It is an essential part of the school curriculum. Regular exercise is a critical part of staying healthy. The students practise various exercises and learn many games. These games develop team spirit, bonding and leadership qualities in them.
2. Yoga Yoga, the Sanskrit word for ‘union’ is a practice that uses posture and breathing techniques to induce relaxation and improve strength and its health benefits may surpass those of any other activity. It has been made a compulsory subject in the CBSE curriculum.
3. Music Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Common elements of music are pitch which governs melody and harmony. The children are taught Hindustani classical music, Bengali folk songs, Rabindra sangeet, Nazrulgeet, Bhajans, Ghazals and patriotic songs. They are also encouraged to compose their own songs.
4. Dance Dance is an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic. Dance may be regarded as a non-verbal communication between humans. The children are taught classical Indian and folk dance. They are also taught Abhinaya and Nritya integrating lyricism, symmetry, precision and poetry. Demonstrations and workshops are held at regular intervals.
5. Art Art helps to express the creativity of the children. They are taught still life, pencil shading, human figures, watercolour, landscape and other compositions.
6. Craft . The children learn to make stuffed toys, artificial flowers, pot designing, aluminum foil painting and clay work.